« Home | Back in Vancouver » | The Rockies!! » | Moosing on... or is that MOOTING! » | Whistler » | CFL - Crappy Football League?!?! » | Vancouver... eh? » | On the road again... » | I'm lost....! » | Homesick » | Happy Birthday Dad! » 

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 

Where are my teef...?


Hockey. Canada's offical winter game.... and pretty close to the coolest game on earth!! It is a cross between the graceful tactics and passes of soccer and the raw agression and madness of Aussie Rules... all on ice, with sticks!!

I wasn't prepared to leave Canada without checking a game out and luckily last night was a pre-season game between the Vancouver Canucks and the Anneheim Ducks. Lots of hits, slams into the walls, a few mini-brawls, a few helmets being hit off and sicks breaking. Bloody awesome!!


The game finished at 3-3 at full time and after a frantic 5 minutes of sudden death overtime, shootouts were required. Each player takes the puck at the half-way mark and tries to beat the keeper. Well Vancouver won the shoot-out in the "sudden-death-shoot-out" phase! (Yep, I still don't know the rules but it is a cool game!)

So I leave for Vancouver this afternoon and arrive just in time to catch a Qantas jumbo back to Sydney! Sad.

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates