« Home | The Rockies!! » | Moosing on... or is that MOOTING! » | Whistler » | CFL - Crappy Football League?!?! » | Vancouver... eh? » | On the road again... » | I'm lost....! » | Homesick » | Happy Birthday Dad! » | Aussie Tragedies! » 

Monday, September 25, 2006 

Back in Vancouver


Our last day in Banff and us boys decide to go check out Sulphur Mountain. After navigating the city-bus system we found ourselves at the foot of the mountain and a big sign saying "Gondala to summit, 23.50 + tax", then another saying "Hike to summit, 5.5km"....... so we started walking! A good hour-and-a-half later we emerged at the summit.... well, Swiss got there about 20 mins before Adam and I. Absolutely breathtaking views of Bannf and the surrounding mountains.

After a thousand or two photos, a quick debate on whether we should go check out a hike that was closed due to "a family of Grizzly's hanging around" and a plate of Poutine (Fries, Cheese and gravy) we got back to the downhill Gondola (one-way - 11.25 + tax), then exitted and walked back down the trail (5.5km... 700m change in elevation!) OUCH!


It turned out to be for the best though, I was so buggered that I slept the whole 13 hour Greyhound journey from Banff to Vancouver. Oh... maybe the run from the bus station back to the pub where I left my iPod had something to do with that tiredness!!

So "Here I am" back in Vancouver... too early for a bed at the HI and too early for any shops to be open. My last day in Canada so I am going to get to the top of Grouse Mountain, then go to an ice-hockey game! Then I start the journey back to Sydney :(

'So "Here I am" back in Vancouver...' Big :-) Fuck, we had a great time, boys!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates