« Home | On the road again... » | I'm lost....! » | Homesick » | Happy Birthday Dad! » | Aussie Tragedies! » | The Farm » | Boobs! » | Chicago Fire » | Sin City » | Take Me Out To The Ball Game » 

Sunday, September 17, 2006 

Vancouver... eh?



So I arrived safely and easily in Vancouver. A long, crappy AA flight from Chicago to LAX, then after three hours is the crappiest airport terminal on earth (T2 LAX) I got on a short, fun Air Canada flight to Vancouver - really cool personal entertainment system. I arrived late in the evening, and buzzed through customs and immigration (same questions as the UK, How much money do you have? How long have you been travelling? How did you afford that? etc. etc.). Now the cool thing I did was that because the terminal was semi-packed, I said "yes" to the question about "Have you been on a farm in the last 14 days?" - I had been on the corn farm in Illinois. There was a really long line for the "green/nothing to declare line" so I jumped in the empty red line, showed my shoes and breezed out in 2 minutes flat! Hahaha.. suckers!

Expecting a freezing cold Canada welcome I was appropriately attired in thongs, shorts and a t-shirt. I stepped outside the airport terminal and... it was actually pretty nice. I think around 15-20C so I was a little relieved (I have NO warm clothes! The only thing I have is a pair of wet shoes and the long sleeve t-shirt I bought in Amsterdam - best 20E spent ever!!). I aim to find a cheap fleece, jacket or jumper today as I stroll around the city.

So no real plans for today, going to look around and check out the city, maybe go to a football game tonight but we will see. I am staying right in the centre of everything... in a place that reminds me of the Sydney YHA; a nice clean hostel, then a pub underneath - I need to check it out and see if it resembles Scubar at all!!


One more thing, go the Dockers! I got up really early this morning to watch the game on www.afl.com.au! Yay!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates