« Home | Homesick » | Happy Birthday Dad! » | Aussie Tragedies! » | The Farm » | Boobs! » | Chicago Fire » | Sin City » | Take Me Out To The Ball Game » | Outer Banks » | Out of Office » 

Friday, September 15, 2006 

I'm lost....!


My last day in the USA and luckily the crappy rainy Chicago weather clears up. Unable to fit my entire remaining list of things to do in the one day, we settled on visiting the Richardson Corn Maze (would that just be a Maize?). Located about an hour-and-a-half out of Chicago. I made up a picnic for Julia and I and we hopped into the XTerra to check the place out.


The place was crazy! 28.5 Acres of corn fields with a maze cut into it! A total of 10.7 miles of track.... the small text said that you won't walk the entire 10.7 miles, but due to a few missed turns, especially after dark we may have walked 13-14 miles! :> Starting around 5:30pm I tried my luck in the Kiddie maze (200-300m long, cut into a soy-plant field - about a foot tall). I made way out of there around 6pm ready for the big one!


The aim is to collect 24 markers scattered around the maze. Starting under the rapidly descending sun at 6pm we started with a bang.. finishing the glove maze in good time, then moving on to the Sox maze. After *several* wrong turns we finally made it back to the farmhouse to purchase glow sticks to assist with the visibility (pitch black!). Next stop the Ivy maze... a very complicated part of the maze, every turn looked the same! After eventually finding our way through that - Paul luck played a major role.... Paul - "OK, Left, Left, straight, right, right, left and it should be right here!.... Bingo!".... Julia - "How the hell did you find that?!?"


So onwards onto the Cubs section which even though it was very dark, was pretty straightforward. Except for the bit between the A in 'ball' and the baseball - no idea! We emerged out of the cornfield about 9:30pm! A really fun day!

Next stop home and my final farewell to Chicago.... Chicago-style-stuffed-pizza!!! Mmmm.. Ambrosia... Ham and Pineapple stuffed pizza! Fan-bloody-tastic!!!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates