« Home | Take Me Out To The Ball Game » | Outer Banks » | Out of Office » | Chicago Pub Crawl » | American Day! » | Chicago » | USA » | New York City » | Bye Bye Europe » | More than just Mayo on Chips! » 

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 

Sin City

There can only really be a few places on earth to go to celebrate ones gold birthday (where your age is the same day as your birthday - ie 28 on the 28th!), and in the USA that place is VEGAS!! Looking out the window as we were landing I could see all these fantastic shapes, sizes and colours... all shimmering through a thin veil of 40C heat haze!!

So there is a Nevada state law stating that "What happens in Vegas.... Stays in Vegas....", so unfortunately I can't really tell you all much! Here are a few lines I managed to smuggle over the state border:

  • I saw the Killers!!!! Julia bought me tickets to the show for my birthday!! They were awesome... played a lot of new stuff, but also the classics! They played in a really nice and funky club.. and.. oh.. are those cops looking? I may have said too much!


  • Ate at *WAY* too many buffet breakfasts (well, brunches!). Damn this town can put on a good breakkie!!
  • I had a few drinks over the weekend.... Drunk at Gustavo's bar and at Sully's bar... so I basically went on a Telstra employee pub crawl! Brendon, apparantly there are clubs named after you but I didn't make into *that* end of town!

  • Saturday I got to see Penn & Teller!!! Renee (Mum's good friend) arranged tickets for me (she is mates with Penn). So we had really cool seats! They were awesome! Some of the stuff they did was unbelievable... I'm still completely baffled by how they did the first trick with the box!!!


  • I gambled a little... Not too much, but enough to win 100, then lost 150, then win 150, then lose 100, then.. not sure exactly how much I did win or lose, but I think it was less than a hundred! Sim you are definately coming with me next time... I lost $150 on the poker table!

  • Somewhere amongst all the haze I turned 28!

Thanks to everyone who called and texted and wrote me emails! I was a little down that I was so far away from friends and family while celebrating my birthday - even though that lasted until the first margarita - Its good to know that people still remember me! ;)

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates