« Home | American Day! » | Chicago » | USA » | New York City » | Bye Bye Europe » | More than just Mayo on Chips! » | Toga Time » | That *is* how you make porridge! » | Scotland » | Back in London » 

Friday, August 11, 2006 

Chicago Pub Crawl


Yesterday in an effort to learn more of the neighbourhood and to post a bunch of photo CD's to everyone... we set off on foot to check the place out, a quick stroll up to Wrigley field (home of the cubs) and down the street to a little Irish pub where we found MAGNER'S!! Only in a small bottle, but my Magner's search was finally over. After strolling around the neighbourhood, hitting 6 pubs (getting carded at three of them - I'm 27 and I still get carded!! Even worse when they think my Australian license is a fake!) we finally arrived at the post office! Half an hour of envelope writing, customs form filling out and an over-enthusiastic employee ("Are you really from Australia??") All CD's are in the mail!

Thus began the stroll home. Now those who know me, know I'm not too good with a map, directions, or working out my left from right... So thinking we were walking north on Halsted, looking for Diversey.... we ended up near the corner of Division. Now although thats only a mile or two out of the way, its time I introduced you to Chicago's "Blue Light District". All around the dodgy, high-crime areas of Chicago there are little camera's up on light-poles with flashing blue lights. So at the corner of N Halsted and Division... there is one of these camera's! (Somehow... we didn't get mugged!... Go Paul luck!!) :)


I booked my birthday trip today. Five days in Las Vegas!!!!!! I've got most of the rest of my trip sorted:
13th - 20th Aug - North Carolina - Outer Banks
25th - 29th Aug - Las Vegas!!!!!!!!!!
1st - 4th Sep - St Louis + Lake of the Ozarks (Party Cove!!) US Labor Day
17th - 25th Sep - Canada (unplanned yet - thinking of a Moose tour around West Canada)
25th Sep - A long flight back to Australia with no liquid or iPod!!!

So as a footnote... The UK police just caught a few blokes thinking of blowing up a few planes with a glass of water and an iPod so now no liquids, gel or electronics on board! I'm kinda pissed about the iPod thing that is going to be SOOOO annoying considering I have at least seven flights in the next month! I can only think how Anka is going to be feeling... NO HAIR GEL!!!!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates