« Home | Back in London » | Pamps! » | Wimbledon » | Eng-a-land » | Copenhagen » | Sweden » | Bye Bye Germany » | Disappointment! » | Prague » | 2-2 SOCCEROOS ARE THROUGH! » 

Wednesday, July 19, 2006 

Scotland


After a hectic week in London - pretty much parties, beers and Magners' all round all day and night, I've decided to have a little break up in Scotland. Edinburgh to be exact. I jumped on the train Monday morning only to have it blow up around York... a minor delay before boarding another train up to the Scottish capital. Worked out pretty well because due to the overcrowding I got to have a little nanna nap in the luggage coach.

So I arrived in Edinburgh, checked in to the backpackers and went out to see the sights. It is *another* gorgeous city. The Edinburgh castle overlooks everything and it is quite stunning seeing the old town reaching out of the rest of the city. I walked the Royal Mile, then around the corner to climb Calton Hill which gives a magnificent view of the city and of the loch. Got up there near to sundown (10pm) so I got to see the sun set over the castle.

Then absolutely wrecked after the weekend I decided to have a quiet night in... early sleep and up bright and early for the day today. After opening the door, saying hi to my roomies (7 of them) and jumping on to my bunk, the girls said, "Want a glass of wine......." so several glasses of wine and a bit of accent piss-taking I finally got to sleep. Not the early night I planned on.

Up this morning for a walking tour of the city, a glorious day for it... around 30C and a fun stroll around the highlights of the city, ending at a local pub where I had the most delicious Haggis for lunch!!! Yum! (I'm being serious... it actually was YUM!!). So a quiet arvo, then out for the pub-crawl tonight.... should be interesting! Then up bright and early tomorrow for a bus tour up to Loch Ness, and possibly a night ghost tour afterwards.


Hope you are all good... I am walking around with a bit of a big head at the moment cos one of the girls at lunch said I looked like Matthew McConoughey (sp??) - Thats 4 times this trip someone has said that.... and the first time since I shaved my beard off!!! Awesome! :)

The three hairs poking out of your chin do not constitute a "beard"

The dutchess told you so.. Matthew!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates