« Home | Eng-a-land » | Copenhagen » | Sweden » | Bye Bye Germany » | Disappointment! » | Prague » | 2-2 SOCCEROOS ARE THROUGH! » | Pre-game Stuttgart » | New Phone Number » | 2-0 » 

Thursday, July 06, 2006 

Wimbledon


Chris and I spent the day yesterday at the tennis champs in Wimbledon. It was so weird to actually be there and see the purple and green, the tennis courts everywhere, the Pims, the strawberries and cream. Naturally we had to sample it all - after a lunch of Fish & Chips and Pims (eaten on Henmann Hill) we strolled around the park watching a few games here and there... munching on strawberries and cream and listening to little Russian girls miss easy shots and yell "Nyien!"!! So funny!!

A quick dinner at a Walkabout pub, then the Italy vs Germany game.... bummer about the result... it's up to France now!! Then off to bed for an early morning..... 4am!!

Up I got at 4am and made my way to the Bus.... then the train.... then a plane.... then Bilbao airport, waiting for my luggage... and waiting... and waiting... and... huh? Why are you turning the conveyor belt off?? uh-oh!! Apparantly my luggage missed its flight.

So after filling in all the details and expecting to be running the bulls in thongs, I jumped onto the 30 minute non-stop bus to Bilbao for a bus to Pamplona.... then a phone call... "We found your bag... it fell off the truck and was sitting on the tarmac!". So another 30 minute non-stop bus to the airport, a tearful reunion with my backpack, then back on the bus again... I made it to San Sebastien, then discovered the next bus to Lucemberri leaves at 6pm!! Which was an issue cos I arrived at 2:30pm and was supposed to be at the hotel at 4pm!

Oh well... one of the interesting bits of travel I guess! I've just had a bit of a stroll around San Sebastien (looks just like it did last year!) and I'm about to grab a sanga and beer to while away the final hour of waiting!!

San Fermin festival starts tomorrow... I'm excited! And don't worry Mum... I'll be fine... a bull will hurt less than getting a tomato in the head!!!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates