« Home | Disappointment! » | Prague » | 2-2 SOCCEROOS ARE THROUGH! » | Pre-game Stuttgart » | New Phone Number » | 2-0 » | Munich » | 3-1 TO THE SOCCEROOS! » | Holland » | Ulm » 

Friday, June 30, 2006 

Bye Bye Germany

We wished a fond farewall to Germany this morning... boarding Germanwings flight 4u 1224 to Stockholm, Sweden.... Few words were exchanged, a gentle embrace and a quiet mention about catching up some time in the future, then off into the sunrise...

... on to Sweden... where obviously the people-making-play-dough was extracted from a bloody good looking quarry around here!! I have a theory that the number of beautiful people is directly proportional to the number of bicycles in a country. So yes, Yvonne.... Holland still wins!! hahaha! We have only scraped the surface of the city, but it has a very nice vibe... it is charging me a heap of SEK for absorbing this vibe... but I think its worth it..... match report of Sweden coming soon.

In other news... I was sick the other day... but now I'm all better. I think the whole emotional roller-coaster of the World Cup was the only energy source keeping me going (apart from these weird red bull substitutes on sale here in Europe) and after the dramatic end to the Socceroo's, my batteries were drained. A few days of earlyish nights and European versions of sudafed and I'm back on my feet as good as new.

I'm also re-arranging my travel plans a bit. To get to Pamplona I have a little stop over in London to spend a day with Chris... then on to Pamplona for said ass-goring... then I'm not going to hit the USA until probably the 1st August. So I have another three weeks in Europe! So much to do... so little time!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates