« Home | Chicago » | USA » | New York City » | Bye Bye Europe » | More than just Mayo on Chips! » | Toga Time » | That *is* how you make porridge! » | Scotland » | Back in London » | Pamps! » 

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 

American Day!

Today I had an American day! I thought it was time to show the world just how Yankee I really am and have a go at the great American game... BASEBALL!! We zoomed over to a little sports park in Aurora, IL for a bit of a whack in a batting cage! I even had time for a bit of baseball!

After watching a few little tykes smack the ball around the "medium" speed cage, I thought... bloody easy! So I took a look at the "very fast" cage... strapped on a helmet... grabbed a slugger... took a few practise swings... and hit myself in the head! Not a very good start, so I turned my attention back to the "medium" cage and stepped in...

After a few swings (gentle line drives out to left field), I started swinging... felt good when it came out of the middle of the bat (yep... that was a good hit). So after my 25 hits in the "medium" speed cage.. with no umpire and fielders I reackon I had a batting average of .999 (with a .001 margain of error!)... I moved up to the "fast" cage. The results.... well this video should give you an idea of that! Maybe I should stick to cricket... or at least the "medium" speed cage!

After the baseball, we went to Hooters for some wings, a burger and a few beers. (Keeping the US theme alive!). Then a bit of loitering around a shopping mall before battling traffic consisting completely of SUVs on the highway home! A fun day, and I earned my first stripe in American-ism!

Ya big yank.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates