« Home | Bye Bye Europe » | More than just Mayo on Chips! » | Toga Time » | That *is* how you make porridge! » | Scotland » | Back in London » | Pamps! » | Wimbledon » | Eng-a-land » | Copenhagen » 

Thursday, August 03, 2006 

New York City

FYI - New cell phone number!!! +1-646-465-4837!!!



Wow! I forgot how much energy this city has! Nothing stands still! If the traffic starts to stand still, then the horns come out and the cab's find interesting manouvres to start moving again! Busy busy busy... Rush rush rush...

So I slept in a little this AM. Not entirely educated about the time zone difference I took a nice little lie-in and got up around 11am. Strapped on my daypack, stepped out of the hotel and whoooshka! 37C heat! Nice! Only in New York City, there isn't too much that isn't pavement or concrete that allows the air to cool. At least there is a little shade from the massive buildings and at least there is some decent air-con coming from the shops... although walking up 5th avenue I wasn't prepared to go in and browse just for the coolness! (especially not in a wife-beater, thongs and shorts!)

So I took a casual stroll up fifth avenue to the park, stopping in at the new Apple Store! Amazing! The demo laptops all are there to play and try and even have live Internet so I was able to quickly check my email.. So a nice stroll through the park then back through the city to Times Square soaking up the energy, heat and losing about 20kg's in sweat in the process.

This evening I'm gonna catch up with Joey for a drink and see what the local bars around here have to offer! Then tomorrow, off to Chicago!! Yep... can't sit still! :)

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates