« Home | New York City » | Bye Bye Europe » | More than just Mayo on Chips! » | Toga Time » | That *is* how you make porridge! » | Scotland » | Back in London » | Pamps! » | Wimbledon » | Eng-a-land » 

Saturday, August 05, 2006 

USA

After being in the USA for approximately 3 days I have already resorted to eating hotdogs, pizza slices, burgers, drinking snapple and soda and crappy American beers! I feel so dirty!! Luckily I found a little Irish pub just off Times Square who had Magner's on tap! Back in my element - 105F and a Magner's in my hand! Also I do have a laugh seeing the US food menus... In that Irish pub, you can get a massive burger with fries and salad and other deep fried animals for about $5 - thats 2.50 pounds!!!

New York definately has the highest concentration of nut-bags, crazies, weirdo's and general talk-to-myself-freaks in the world (Potts Point/Kings Cross comes a close second!). I still laugh at American's... continually telling everyone how their country is the best on earth - yet not giving a crap about it! Not recycling, thinking that throwing their trash "close" to the bin in good enough, driving these massive gas guzzling trucks, complaining about the heat - yet no understanding the whole global warming thing! Funny.

So I'm now in Chicago, the weather is a little cooler, about 84F (according to Google that is 28C - a bit of a change from 105F (40.5C) in New York). I'm staying about 10 minutes north of downtown - about a block away from the gay area (coming to visit Ch?). I got in late last night after being stuck on the tarmac at Newark airport for 2 hours due to "adverse weather conditions". Quite weird to look out the window of the plane and see heaps of planes just parked on the taxiways.

So Chicago for the day, going out on the town tonight then a fairly busy weekend checking out the sites and sounds and.. as this is America... the smells!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates