« Home | Vancouver... eh? » | On the road again... » | I'm lost....! » | Homesick » | Happy Birthday Dad! » | Aussie Tragedies! » | The Farm » | Boobs! » | Chicago Fire » | Sin City » 

Monday, September 18, 2006 

CFL - Crappy Football League?!?!


I was lucky enough to be in Vancouver for a BC Lions game. Canadian Football! I was hoping that the game would be a little more fast-paced than the American version... it wasn't! It was exactly the same thing! I had a great view and enjoyed the four or five seconds of action between the 20 or 30 seconds of substitutions, chatting, penalty-flag-discussing etc.

I started the evening down at the stadium where the pub across the road had a "tailgate" party. Budweiser was flowing... and I was pleased to see that in Canada, unlike that sissy country of USA, it wasn't Bud Light that was flowing!


The Lions won which was cool and there were a few good hits and sacks.. and plenty of dances after said hits and sacks! Everything I expect in gridiron so it was a fun night! The guy sitting next to me was fully into the game though. I laughed cos his commentary and yells usually went for longer than the actual play! :)

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates