« Home | Madrid » | Arrival in Frankfurt » | Ch.. Ch.. Ch.. Changes... or lack of! » | Perth » | ...and so it begins! » 

Wednesday, May 31, 2006 

Yeah I know where the Palace is...


So we are still in Madrid, being very turistico and having a great time being so... We have visited the Art Galleries (what was Dali smoking!), walked all around the place eating tapas and drinking whatever Cerveza arrives in front of us. The art and architecture in this place is mad, these europeans can paint and can chisel a bit of granite into something awesome. Sim you would love the place (okay okay.... one year...)


I started my job yesterday as an offical guide for Madrid. After finding a map and museum opening times we bumped into another Aussie (Hi Hilary!) - Hilary was looking for the Palace Real; since we had been in the city for 10 more hours than her, we were the resident experts and promptly gave directions on how to reach said palace. So after walking about 50m we were approached by another two girls asking for directions to the Palace - which I kindly repeated only to be told that I was completely wrong. Once again.... sorry Hilary, but you must agree that scenic route was worth the effort! Needless to say, Joel doesn't let me hold the map any more...

We took a ride on the subway out to Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, home of Real Madrid and took the tour. An awesome stadium and more impressive trophy cabinet!

It was good to see Chris again, he hasn't changed that much - except now he has become my younger brother somehow - oh and he seem to woos out on the spanish speaking stuff. I'm sure he was glad to see family again after such a long time and it was a share we only had a few hours together, but i'll meet up with him up in London (for free board) and he can teach me about Cider.

Trust you all are well back there in Oz! Stay safe!

El Paulo!

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates