« Home | Perth » | ...and so it begins! » 

Thursday, May 25, 2006 

Ch.. Ch.. Ch.. Changes... or lack of!

Perth 1996

Perth 2006

In the top photo we have a picture of Perth city taken from Kings Park in about 1996 - below, a picture taken from about the same spot yesterday. No its not one of those "spot the difference" puzzles - but you'll struggle to find too many differences! You get zero points for finding the bell tower.

So I've been in Perth for about a week and a half - and even though I bag the place about being a sleepy hollow, I guess thats its charm. Easy to get around, generally cheap (although thats starting to change), beautiful beaches (which you can park at for free). Gonna be hard to decide where to live/work when/if I get back! :)

The renovations on Dad and Sim's house are fully underway. Underneath the clouds of dust you can see remnants of where walls were and where floors were. The builders are running around with sledgehammers and drills, speaking in Russian... possibly hitting the wiring as the lights have all just gone out!

In other news:
  • Dockers beat Kangaroos last weekend in what was a crappy and ugly game of footy to show me after I flew roughly 4000kms to watch.
  • I fly out to Frankfurt on Saturday. 48 hours to go!
  • Australia play Greece tonight (well this afternoon! This 2 hour time difference is weird!)

Your blog title needs to change to "Alt und Frei"!!! Or perhaps "Älter und Frei". Man I'm harsh!!!

Who says that! Google just told me that Alt means OLD!?!

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Paul
  • From Chicago, IL, United States
  • -Un-Employed bum.. On a -six month- two week journey to watch the Socceroos win the WC...
My profile

Previous posts

Text or Email Me

  • MOBILE: +61 417 754 854 (Sydney, Australia)
  • EMAIL: pjfmeyer@yahoo.com.au
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates